Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday Funday




Sundays are cross days for me, so I put in some time on the stair master and also did some core work.  My official training plan starts a week from today and I can't wait.  It's a scared kind of excitement... the idea of me actually running 26.2 miles is slightly overwhelming, but the training is so gradual that I have faith I'll eventually get there.  I'm using the Hal Higdon Novice 1 Training Program, which is an 18 week program.  I'm sure the marathon will be here before I know it though, especially with the holidays coming up.


I finished up the novel The Dinner by Herman Koch today and I must say, I was slightly disturbed by this book.  It was very fast paced (I read it in just a few hours over the course of three days) but I think I just expected a much different ending.  The story is set on one evening, with two sets of parents having dinner together in order to discuss the actions of their teenage sons.  I won't get into what it is that their sons' have done, but it's big.  The novel was very dark and complex, and I suppose if you are a parent it would prompt you to consider how you would react yourself in such a situation. 


Since hubby worked all weekend (30 hours in 2 days, the crazy man.. I'm so glad he doesn't usually work weekends) I wanted to make him his favorite meal.  I cooked up some baseball sized filets, sauteed asparagus, and seared campari tomatoes.  I'm pretty sure he crashed immediately after the meal. 




And I'm sure you're very interested, but my roses have opened up quite nicely and I enjoy looking at them (and sniffing them) all day.  :)




There's a new episode of Witches of East End tonight on Lifetime!  I just got hooked on this show this week and now it's my new favorite.  It's creepy and spooky and soapy and perfect for Halloween/fall. 


- What's your favorite t.v. show right now?

- Any yummy eats this weekend?

- Read any good books lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment