Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Workout Wednesday





Tonight I ran after work at my usual park, and it was already dark by the time I got there.  I absolutely love running in the dark; particularly when it's chilly out, which it was.  For some reason when I run in these conditions I feel like I gain more clarity, and work out more in my head than I do otherwise. 




I've really got to get something reflective to wear at night.  At the Women's Running expo I bought a strobe light clip, which I of course forgot to bring but will now immediately go put in my gym bag.  I'm still thinking I need a shirt in that blindingly neon yellow/green that is so popular right now.  That should do the trick.


Per my *marathon!!* training plan, I ran three miles tonight at a 10:30 pace.  My legs felt really, really good tonight.  I'm over the soreness from the half last weekend and I can tell I'm gaining some strength back.


We just finished up the leftovers from the Black Bean and Pumpkin Soup that I made for Halloween and man that stuff is tasty.  I meant to share this recipe earlier but forgot. 


Make this.  Soon.  You will thank me.




The cast of characters:
  • black beans
  • canned pumpkin
  • vegetable broth 
  • onion
  • jalapeno
  • Rotel
  • garlic
  • chile powder
  • cumin
  • oregano
  • salt and pepper 




 You basically throw it all in the crock pot and set it on low.  I set mine to 10 hours so that it was just finishing up when I got home from work.  I was actually shocked at how good this was.  I am a meat-lovin girl, and feel like it's not really a meal without some form of beef, chicken, or fish.   But the hubs and I didn't even miss the meat in this. 





It was uber filling and such a comfort food.... AND it's actually really nutritious!  Love some good for you comfort food.


And now for some Breaking Bad Season 3.  Why do I always get hooked on a show right before, or right after, it ends??  Friends, Sex and the City, How I Met Your Mother, Lost.... I could go on.  But we just got Netflix and I will blame our newfound addiction on that. 





- Do you have a favorite vegetarian dish?

- Favorite TV show, current or off-air?



2 comments:

  1. I always get hooked on shows when they are cancelled or later on too. At the moment I am loving How I Met your Mother, I watch it with my boyfriend.

    That soup looks delicious. If my digestion didn't do so badly with beans I would give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently hooked on Boardwalk Empire with Steve Buscemi, he's brilliant in it. The soup looks fantastic and I'm always looking for something to toss in the slow cooker. Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete